Our Powder Coating Process
Powder coating is a type of dry free-flowing powder that does not require a solvent. We apply it electrostatically and then cure it under heat, creating a highly durable finish.
Phase I. 4-step pre-treatment process:
- Step 1. Phosphorous-free multi-metal wash which cleans and reacts with steel, aluminum & zinc substrates to enhance paint adhesion & corrosion resistance properties.
- Step 2. Fresh water rinse
- Step 3. RO (Reverse Osmosis) Halo rinse
- Step 4. Non-chrome seal rinse
Phase II. Dry off parts using heat
Phase III. We have 3 types of paint applications:
- 1. Conveyorized manual powder application
- 2. Conveyorized automatic powder application for large volumes of the same color
- 3. Offline/Batch powder application for small quantities & odd shaped parts
Phase IV. Cure parts under heat
Phase V. Cool & pack